Here are some answers to our most frequently asked questions on the admissions process. 

While access to campus remains restricted during the current COVID-19 situation, all of our admission operations, admissions counselors, financial aid staff, and more are available remotely. 

For more information, please contact Admissions at (617) 322-3575 or

How to Apply

Applying to Labouré College of Healthcare is easy! You can fill out the Labouré College of Healthcare Application to apply to any of our programs.

Apply Today

The Labouré College of Healthcare Application differs by program. There are two applications for the Associate of Science in Nursing program, which are based on the applicant's prior educational background. There is one application that covers all other programs, regardless of educational background.

  • Associate of Science in Nursing Application: TransferApplicants
    • Fill out this application if you have any college level background, and would like to become a Registered Nurse (RN)
    • This includes if you are an LPN applying for the LPN-to-RN accelerated track
  • Associate of Science in Nursing Application: High School Applicants
    • Fill out this application if you are currently enrolled in high school, or have graduated from high school/GED within the last 5 years and have never attended college, and would like to become a Registered Nurse (RN)
  • Any Applicants: RN-to-BSN and All Other Allied Health Sciences Programs
    • Fill out this application to apply to any of the following programs:
      • RN-to-BSN: Bachelor of Science in Nursing for RNs
      • Health Science: Associate of Science
      • EKG Certificate
      • Gerontology Certificate
      • Intraoperative Neuromonitoring (IONM) Certificate
      • Neurodiagnostic Technology (NDT) Certificate
      • Phlebotomy Certificate
      • Radiation Therapy: Associate of Science
  • Alumni RN-BSN Transition Form
    • Fill out this application if you are currently enrolled in Labouré College of Healthcare's ASN program, or have graduated from Labouré College of Healthcare's ASN program and would like to complete the RN-BSN program

Apply Online Now

Labouré and MassTransfer

Labouré is a partner in MassTransfer for graduates of a Massachusetts Community College. The partnership is an agreement for transfer between Community Colleges and Private Colleges in Massachusetts and provides seamless transfer of your associate degree to a bachelor’s degree program. Admissions criteria must be met for each program as outlined on the Labouré College of Healthcare website and the MassTransfer website (

Admissions Process (General)

The admissions process at Labouré College of Healthcare operates on a rolling basis for all programs except for the Associate of Science in Nursing program (see next FAQ: Admissions Process (Nursing: AS). Rolling admissions means that there are no final deadlines to apply; rather, applications are reviewed as they become complete, and until a program is filled. Programs with limited capacity can fill up quickly. In the event that a program is filled for a particular semester, the completed application will be considered for the next available semester.

Students who apply, but do not complete their application packet for a given semester, will be given the choice to be rolled over and assessed for the next available semester, or be withdrawn from the College if their original application semester becomes full.

Labouré College of Healthcare accepts students three semesters per year*^, with start dates in Spring (January), Summer (May), and Fall (September).

*Some programs have limited start dates.
^Each semester has a Session I and Session II. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program accepts students in both Session I and Session II, giving that program six acceptance/start dates per year.

Admissions Process (Nursing: AS)

The Associate of Science in Nursing program will only accept applications during the open application period. Decisions will be sent based on when a student’s completed application packet was submitted.

Candidates who submit a completed application packet prior to the Priority Date will be reviewed first and sent a decision by the Priority Admissions Decision date.

Candidates whose completed applications are submitted after the Priority Date and before the Regular Admissions Deadline will be sent a decision for their semester of intent. Candidates whose completed application is submitted after a deadline or after a program has been filled may be reviewed on a space available basis.

The Department of Admissions will extend acceptance offers to qualified candidates until the program has been filled for a particular semester. Qualified candidates who are not initially offered acceptance may be placed on a waitlist. If spots become available, the students on the waitlist will be offered acceptance.

Important Dates for Nursing (AS) Application

Applications may be submitted from the opening date until the program is filled. 

Check the catalog for open dates. Open dates will be updated shortly. 
Application Deadlines

See the "Important Dates for Nursing (AS) Application" question above for deadlines for the Associate of Science in Nursing application.

For all other programs, there are no final deadlines to apply. The admissions process at Labouré College of Healthcare is run on a rolling basis for all programs. Rolling admissions means that there are no final deadlines to apply; rather, applications are reviewed as they become complete, and until a program is filled.

Please contact Admissions at (617) 322-3575 or email us at for more information.

What to Submit

All applicants are responsible for submitting the following items:

  1. Completed application (available online)
  2. $25 non-refundable application fee
  3. Documentation of high school graduation, GED completion, or other state approved equivalency credential (waived for RNs applying to the RN-to-BSN program and RHIAs, RNs, and MDs applying to the CDI program)
  4. Official college transcript(s) from all institutions attended (if applicable) 
  5. Copy of any professional licenses, registrations, or certifications (if applicable)
  6. Program specific requirements or items requested by the Admissions Department (if applicable)

Some programs have additional application requirements. You can view these by clicking on your program of interest: 


Transcripts from Outside the United States

Applicants whose native language is not English and who have not graduated from an American high school will be required to have their transcripts translated and evaluated by a professional evaluation company. The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) exam may also be required.

Any and all documentation from schools attended in a foreign country must be translated into English, and converted into the American grading system.

How to Submit Application Materials

Application materials can be submitted to Labouré College of Healthcare via regular mail, email, fax, or in person. 

Mail or Drop Off: 
Labouré College of Healthcare
Office of Admissions
303 Adams Street
Milton, MA 02186
(617) 296-7947 

Attn: Admissions

PLEASE NOTE: Official transcripts must be either hard copy, or electronic:

  • Hard copy: Transcripts must be in their originally sealed, never-before-opened envelopes.
  • Electronic: Delivered by your school directly to using a verified electronic transcript service.
Tuition and Financial Aid

Each program is priced differently. Please refer to our tuition and fees page for tuition information.

Books, supplies, uniforms, and professional association membership fees vary per program.

There is a variety of financial aid available to students who enroll in the associate, bachelor, and certificate programs. Financial aid may consist of federal and state aid such as loans and grants, and private aid such as discounts, vouchers, and scholarships.

Please contact to find out what financial aid you are eligible for.

High School Diplomas and Transcripts

Labouré College of Healthcare’s policy does require all applicants to submit copies of their high school transcript or a copy of their diploma, regardless of their college experience, unless you are an RN applying to the RN-to-BSN program, or an RHIA, RN, or MD applying to the CDI program.

Direct Entry to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program (RN-to-BSN)

The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at Labouré College of Healthcare is an RN-to-BSN program, which means that applicants must already have their RN licensure.

Registered Nurses (RNs) who have passed their NCLEX examination are eligible to apply for admission into the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at Labouré. If you have completed an Associate in Science in Nursing program and are awaiting your NCLEX exam date, please contact the Office of Admissions to discuss the best timeline for application and entry into the RN-BSN program.

If you do not have your RN licensure, you will need to start with the Associate in Science in Nursing program first, which will prepare you to seamlessly transition into the BSN component.

LPN-RN Bridge Program

Labouré College of Healthcare offers an Advanced Placement LPN-RN Program that is designed for current LPNs wishing to attain an Associate of Science degree in Nursing and qualify for RN licensure. The program is considered advanced placement as it accelerates the ASN program by offering credit-by-examination exemptions for two of the four required professional nursing courses -- meaning you can finish the program in under a year!*

Check out our LPN-to-RN program page for more information.

*Under 1 year for candidates who receive the maximum amount of transfer credits and credit by examination

Transfer Credits

Students enrolled in degree programs (associate or bachelor) at Labouré College of Healthcare may transfer in prior coursework, as long as the courses meet the criteria outlined in our Transfer Credit Policy. We do not grant transfer credit for life experience or prior professional/clinical coursework.

Please note: While transfer credit is not granted for prior professional/clinical coursework, credit-by-examination may be available for some programs. 

Transfer credit is not available for certificate programs.

Clinical Coursework

Each program at Labouré College of Healthcare has different clinical requirements and clinical start dates vary.

Degree programs that include a general education core typically see clinical courses begin once the student completes the general education courses.

Students in certificate programs typically begin clinical courses in the first or second semester.

For questions about a specific program's clinical requirements, please contact Admissions at (617) 322-3575 or

Campus and Directions

Labouré College of Healthcare is located at 303 Adams Street in Milton, Massachusetts. The campus is situated between East Milton Square and Dorchester's Lower Mills (an approximate 3 minute drive from either direction). Free parking is available on campus.

If taking public transportation, Labouré can be reached by taking the Ashmont-Mattapan trolley line from either the Ashmont or Mattapan MBTA station. Take the trolley to Milton station and walk (approximately 15 minutes) up Adams Street to the campus.

You can use the MBTA trip planner to find the best route.

On-Campus Housing / Dorms

Labouré College of Healthcare does not offer on-campus housing or dormitories. Our students either commute to campus, or take their courses 100% online.

Make an Appointment with Admissions

We would love to meet you and answer any questions you may have!

For individual appointments, call (617) 322-3575. If you prefer, you can simply walk-in and speak with an Admissions Counselor during regular operating hours.

Counselors are available:

  • Monday - Wednesday 9 am - 7 pm
  • Thursday - Friday 9 am - 5 pm

Saturday hours may be available; please call (617) 322-3575 for details.


Appeals of an admissions decision may be made in writing to the Vice President of Enrollment Management via email to Please include your name, email address, telephone number, the program of interest, and a brief description of your appeal when submitting your request.  As part of the appeal process, you will be contacted for an interview with a college representative to present your appeal and provide more information.  The College will endeavor to render a decision on the appeal within thirty (30) days of the initial request.