The purpose of the Labouré College Associate Degree Nursing Program is to develop competent entry level registered nurses to function as caring, competent, and compassionate practitioners across a variety of care settings and to establish a foundation for lifelong learning. The graduates of this program will be able to work with and provide care for patients of diverse groups in a multicultural community.
The student learning outcomes are derived from the mission, philosophy, conceptual framework, and organizing concepts and structure of the nursing program, with a focus on the Massachusetts Nurse of the Future Nursing Core Competencies.
By completion of the Associate Degree Program, the graduate will be able to:
1. Implement nursing process to provide safe, effective care to a diverse population of clients in a variety of healthcare settings.
2. Provide evidence-based, clinically competent care for clients across the lifespan, utilizing critical thinking, decision making, and information literacy skills.
3. Engage in teaching/learning activities with clients and significant others to promote optimal achievement of client outcomes.
4. Apply basic management and leadership skills as a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
5. Communicate effectively with clients, families, and members of the healthcare team using oral, written, and electronic modalities.
6. Demonstrate caring and professional behavior in developing and maintaining empathetic relationships with clients and families.
7. Practice within the ethical-legal framework of the nursing profession.