The Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) Act, incorporates several provisions directly impacting higher education, including an Education Stabilization Fund, to be directed toward institutions of higher education using the same model previously established in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Securities (CARES) Act.
On March 11, 2021, President Biden signed the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARP). The American Rescue Plan (ARP) included additional COVID-19 relief for institutions of higher education. This new COVID stimulus bill included funds for higher education institutions and students, using the same Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) model established in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
The funds under HEERF III, totaling $2,291,273.00 require a minimum expenditure of $1,158,602.00.00. The awards to students, totaling $ allocated in full. Therefore, we are unable to accept additional applications. All students who applied for funding were notified via their Labouré College email of the outcome of their application. All checks were mailed to recipients in July, August, and September, 2021.
Please contact the Financial Aid Office at Financialaid@laboure.edu if you have any questions.
Labouré College of Healthcare is providing information on the distribution of funds to eligible students on its website as its method of reporting as required by the Department of Education.
- Labouré College of Healthcare was not required to apply for HEERF III funding as it had previously signed and returned to the U.S. Department of Education, the required Certification and Agreement under the original CARES funding requirement.
- The total amount of funds that Labouré College received in HEERF III funds of $2,291,273.00, required spending on students to the original CARES funds Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students: $1,158,602.00.
- The total amount of HEERF III Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to Labouré College of Healthcare students as of this report is: $703,250.00 The total allocation has been awarded and all eligible students have been notified via e-mail of their award. The College has distributed all funds via checks payable directly to the students and mailed on various date in July, August and September, 2021 to their current mailing address if provided, or applied against the student account if the student elected to do so.
- The estimated total number of students eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and as a result, potentially eligible to receive emergency grant funding: 972.
- The total number of students who received HEERF III funds is: 626.
- The method(s) used by Labouré College of Healthcare to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act:
- Students with an Expected Family Contribution within high financial need range were automatically awarded $1,000.00
- Students were also eligible to apply for $750.00 by priority deadline.
- Any instructions, directions, or guidance Labouré College of Healthcare provided to students concerning the HEERF II Emergency Financial Aid Grants: Eligible students were sent notices, instructions and an application notifying them of the award at their Labouré College email address.